Breviarium Meum 1.3 released
Breviarium Meum 1.3 (and Breviarum Meum HD 1.3) is now available in the App Store. It features enhancements for iOS 7 and improved download reliablility. There are also a number of new texts in the orationes section, most of which were provided by Mark Kendall:
- Angelis et sanctis: Litany of Loreto, Reformatted Litany of Saints
- Ante Missam: Preparatio ad Missam
- Post Missam: Gratiarum actio post Missam, Leonine prayers after Mass
- Variae: Penitential psalms, Gradual Psalms, Itinerarium clericorum, Benedictio mensae, Optional prayer to the Sacred Heart added to Post Divinum Officium
Breviarium Meum 1.2 released
Most of the development work done for Breviarium Meum regards the server rather than the app. The former usually receives some update every week, and sometimes even more often, mostly to correct minor errors in the breviary text. Now, however, the time has come for a new version of the app. Breviarium Meum 1.2 has been released for use on the iPhone and iPod touch, and Breviarium Meum HD 1.2 for use on the iPad.
Besides bug fixes and support for the latest iPhone and iPad, there are also a few enhancements, including the following additions to the orationes:
- the blessings for a crucifix, miraculous medal, medal of St. Benedict, and the rite of imposition of the brown scapular;
- the vesting prayers before mass for priests; and
- the much requested prayers before and after the divine office.
A new feature requested by several users is the ability to access yesterday's office. You will find it just above today's office in the list of hours.
Breviarium Meum 1.1 released
Breviarium Meum 1.1 is now available in the App Store. The changes are mainly internal, regarding the part of the app that is shared with the new iPad version. There are also a few minor bug fixes and additions to the app.
Apart from the updates to the app, the breviary texts are constantly improving. There are corrections every week, and sometimes more than once a week, as typos or other errors are discovered. The great majority of these errors are minor typos. However, if you see a significant error, especially in the Latin text of the breviary, clear the cache and download again, because we may have already corrected it. If the error remains, contact us.
RIP Laszlo Kiss
Laszlo Kiss, the creator of divinumofficium.com, died unexpectedly but peacefully at his home on July 11, 2011. He was a few days short of his 73rd birthday.
If I had not been able to build on his work, Breviarium Meum might still be under development. I owe him a debt of gratitude and I am not alone. Please say a prayer or have Mass offered for the repose of his soul.